Analyst – TV, streaming and telecoms - Based in Los Angeles, CA
We are looking to recruit a full-time US Los Angeles-based analyst, who is inquisitive with a passion for data and research, to join our Markets – Operators team. The role will be focused on supporting Ampere’s research of the TV, telecoms, and online video market in Latin America.
- Join a team of globally acclaimed experts in the media and entertainment industry in the heart of London to learn and build experience in the sector
- Explore and research the fast-changing evolving business models and latest trends in advertising, content, television, digital media & services
- Develop your skills in a data-driven environment, helping to create solutions to solve real-world problems for some of the largest media companies in the world
- Continue to grow and enhance your skills in building relationships with key players in the industry, as well as potentially see your research published in global publications
- Receive a selection of other company benefits such as private medical insurance, company pension, regular team-building activities, and early finishes on Fridays in the summer
- Monitoring key performance indicators across the TV, streaming and telecoms sectors, and analysing market trends in these sectors.
- Supporting the maintenance of data models, tracking companies across the TV, telecoms and online video space and ensuring data quality
- Responding to client requests, helping them to deal with live business challenges relating to content sales and acquisitions, competitor analysis, or business/strategy planning
- Collaborating with team members to create and manage ways of obtaining, enhancing, or analysing large and complex media-sector datasets
- Assisting with the wider team’s custom consulting work for high-profile film, TV and technology firms
- Authoring reports and insight pieces that identify important industry trends and support clients’ understanding of underlying market dynamics
- Where required working on a variety of client-facing roles, including delivering client-side presentations, assisting with sales meetings and calls, and briefing customers on topical or research issues
- A University degree or equivalent is required
Skills & Experience
There is no set background for a good analyst, and different skills can create different opportunities within the profession:
- Languages: Candidate must be fluent in both Spanish and English, able to read, write, and speak to a high business level proficiency
- Enthusiasm: We’re looking for a candidate who enjoys research, who has (or could develop) an interest in becoming an expert in the TV/telecoms sector
- Communication: We would like to work with people who can communicate openly, build trust and cooperative colleague and client relationships.
- Analytical: A talent for seeing relationships and patterns in data is a key part of the job – understanding and really getting to grips with the nuances that underpin the video advertising and content industries
- Flexible: Enjoy learning and want to improve a wide range of skills – such as data modelling, data analysis, industry knowledge, and other related skills
- Lateral thinking: Being able to think outside the box to help generate solutions to challenges faced by Ampere, and to help clients with more open-ended problems
- Technical: comfortable using Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good written English: along with the ability to write in a sensitive, yet concise, style
We want to see candidates who can see themselves developing a career in our sector – so if you can see yourself developing a passion for research and analysis in the media sector, Ampere could well be the place to begin.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Please also take a minute to complete our diversity monitoring form with your application here
All information supplied will be treated in confidence and will not be seen by staff directly involved in the appointment.
The monitoring form will be detached from your application, stored separately and used solely to provide statistics for monitoring purposes.
The Amp is our highly-acclaimed free weekly
round up of key industry news, delivered to
Sign up and be informed.