We are looking to recruit a full-time programmer, with a passion for data and problem solving, to join our Development team. The role will be focused on supporting the growth of Ampere’s research into new areas, driving new products through developing software solutions to identify, collect, process and output new data sources; and will also involve building out internal tools to support Ampere’s analyst teams in day-to-day work.
Ampere Analysis is a research and analytics firm focusing on the film, TV and communications sector. Ampere works with an extensive range of media and communications companies, including Hollywood studios, public broadcasting groups, online video providers, pay TV operators and telecoms groups.
As a rapidly-growing business working with some of the world’s largest companies, Ampere is regularly seeking talented and motivated people to join our team. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and actively work on building an inclusive, friendly, and open-minded culture that embraces diversity, fosters collaboration and teamwork and encourages both personal and professional growth.
The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate with a passion for problem solving and a strong interest in programming and working with data.
See www.ampereanalysis.com for more information on the company.
- Work within a team of 15 programmers across the UK, South Africa and Ukraine, solving real-world problems, both for Ampere and for some of the largest media companies in the world
- Develop a range of programming skills, working with Python, PostgreSQL and front-end web tools to tackle a range of problems, including high-scale data collection, developing algorithms to work with medium and large-sized data quantities
- Support a team of globally acclaimed experts in the media and entertainment industry in the heart of London
- We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working arrangements with 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home. You will also receive a selection of other company benefits such as, private medical, pension and regular team-building and social activities
- To investigate and build solutions that enable Ampere to design and implement new data products
- To build out algorithms that can infer additional critical information from Ampere’s existing large sources of data – with recent examples including the deduction of detailed genre information from free-form textual descriptions of movie and TV shows, and the extraction of pricing data from anonymized consumer receipt data
- To develop web-based tools internally that enable Ampere’s analytical teams to update and edit in an intuitive manner the complex data processes that have been built by the Development team
- To co-ordinate across a range of teams - including TV and video-on-demand content tracking, advertising market tracking, consumer survey research, games and esports monitoring and sport broadcast rights – and help to understand where new development work may be able to help assist for both new and existing products
Education & Skills
- A 2:1 or equivalent degree
Skills & Experience
The role will require:
- Experience with Python
Beyond this, there is no set background for a good developer, and different skills open up different opportunities within the profession.
- Problem solving: The ability and desire to tackle a range of challenging, unsolved problems, learning skills as needed on the job to investigate new areas of interest for Ampere
- Lateral thinking: Being able to think outside the box to help generate solutions to challenges faced by Ampere, and to help clients with more open-ended problems
- Curiosity: Reading around problems and investigating new skills and data sources often generates new opportunities, identifying areas and prospects for Ampere to extend its research
- Flexibility: We want people who enjoy learning and want to improve a wide range of skills – across a range of programming languages and techniques
- Detail: An eye for detail and pattern recognition is a key part of the job – creating reliable solutions that will eventually form parts of out deliverables to clients
We want to see candidates who can see themselves developing a career in our sector – so if you can see yourself developing a passion for research and analysis in the media sector, Ampere could well be the place to begin.
To apply, please send your CV and short covering email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also take a minute to complete our diversity monitoring form with your application here
All information supplied will be treated in confidence and will not be seen by staff directly involved in the appointment.
The monitoring form will be detached from your application, stored separately and used solely to provide statistics for monitoring purposes.
The Amp is our highly-acclaimed free weekly
round up of key industry news, delivered to
Sign up and be informed.