Entertainment industry analyst - Los Angeles
We are looking to recruit a full-time analyst, who is inquisitive with a passion for data and research, to join our Markets – Operators team in our LA office. The role will be focused on supporting Ampere’s research of the TV, telecoms, and online video market. As the role is office based for at least three days a week, you must live in, or be willing to relocate to, Los Angeles. Fluent Spanish and/or Portuguese is required for this role.
Ampere Analysis is a research and analytics firm focusing on the film, TV, and communications sectors. Ampere works with an extensive range of media and communications companies, including Hollywood studios, public broadcasting groups, online video providers, pay TV operators and telecoms groups.
As a rapidly growing business working with some of the world’s largest companies, Ampere is regularly seeking talented and motivated people to join our team. Working at Ampere provides the opportunity to build a career in research and analysis. We have a well-rounded team and are proud of our diverse skill-base and commitment to providing the best possible service to our clients. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and actively work on building an inclusive, friendly, and open-minded culture that embraces diversity, fosters collaboration and teamwork, and encourages both personal and professional growth.
See www.ampereanalysis.com for more information on the company.
- Join a team of globally acclaimed experts in the media and entertainment industry and build experience in the sector
- Explore and research the fast-changing evolving business models and latest trends in global advertising, content, television, digital media & services
- Develop your skills in a data-driven environment, helping to create solutions to solve real-world problems for some of the largest media companies in the world
- Continue to grow and enhance your skills in building relationships with key players in the industry, as well as potentially see your research published in global publications
- Receive a selection of other company benefits such as a private medical health plan including dental and vision cover, company 401K, team-building activities,22 days holiday + standard US holidays per year and early finishes on Fridays in the summer.
- Monitoring key performance indicators across the TV, streaming and telecoms sectors, and analysing market trends in these sectors.
- Supporting the maintenance of data models, tracking companies across the TV, telecoms and online video space and ensuring data quality
- Responding to client requests, helping them to deal with live business challenges relating to content sales and acquisitions, competitor analysis, or business/strategy planning
- Collaborating with team members to create and manage ways of obtaining, enhancing, or analysing large and complex media-sector datasets
- Assisting with the wider international team’s custom consulting work for high-profile film, TV and technology firms
- Authoring reports and insight pieces that identify important industry trends and support clients’ understanding of underlying market dynamics
- Where required working on a variety of client-facing roles, including delivering client-side presentations, assisting with sales meetings and calls, and briefing customers on topical or research issues
- A University degree is required.
Skills & Experience
There is no set background for a good analyst, and different skills can create different opportunities within the profession:
- Enthusiasm: We’re looking for a candidate who enjoys research, who has (or could develop) an interest in becoming an expert in the TV/telecoms sector
- Communication: We would like to work with people who can communicate openly, build trust and cooperative colleague and client relationships.
- Analytical: A talent for seeing relationships and patterns in data is a key part of the job – understanding and really getting to grips with the nuances that underpin the video advertising and content industries
- Flexible: Enjoy learning and want to improve a wide range of skills – such as data modelling, data analysis, industry knowledge, and other related skills
- Lateral thinking: Being able to think outside the box to help generate solutions to challenges faced by Ampere, and to help clients with more open-ended problems
- Technical: comfortable using Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good written English: along with the ability to write in a sensitive, yet concise, style.
- Languages: Fluent spoken and written Spanish and/or Portuguese is essential.
We want to see candidates who can see themselves developing a career in our sector – so if you can see yourself developing a passion for research and analysis in the media sector, Ampere could well be the place to begin.
Please send a short covering email and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Amp is our highly-acclaimed free weekly
round up of key industry news, delivered to
Sign up and be informed.